Local Market Report
(there is no national real estate market)
The months supply of homes on the market is unchanged at 1.4. Northern Virginia takes the lead with 1.1 months supply; then Loudoun County at 1.2; followed by Washington DC unchanged at 1.5; and Montgomery County at 1.7. Home buyers will have a slightly easier time for the next month or 2, but many are fighting others to win their home of choice. Three-quarters of homes priced to sell are gone within 2 weeks!
Virginia Tech announced their major new campus will be in Potomac Yard just north of the coming Metro station. Crystal City (ZIP code 22202, included in Northern Virginia) has a total of only 9 properties for sale. To help local sellers get in sync, I have updated my e-book $elling Your Home in Northern Virginia . . . to 25,000 Amazon second-headquarters new-hires , priced at $1 for download from Amazon.
* * * email David to subscribe * * *
The report above is prepared monthly from David's independent research for his clients. It does not contain important data for macro-economists, is not tailored for a TV audience, includes no national data, and is not prepared by the computer weenies at the MLS. Click this link to learn how this report is prepared and why it is the best available anywhere!
1. The market index represents the months supply of resale homes and measures the ratio of home buyers to home sellers. Below 1.5 is a hot sellers' market; 1.5 to 3.0 is a normal sellers' market; 3.0 to 5.0 is a neutral market; above 5.0 is a buyers' market.
2. Northern Virginia: Alexandria, Arlington County, and Fairfax County (including Fairfax City and Falls Church City).
3. Results are not seasonally adjusted.
* * * * * * *
Your Friend in Real Estate, LLC
Arlington, Virginia, USA
* Copyright © David Rathgeber *
* * All rights reserved. * *
* * * 2019 * * *