Local Market Report
(there is no national real estate market)
The market index is unchanged from last month's 2.0. Washington DC is still ahead with 1.4 months supply; then Loudoun County unchanged at 1.9; Northern Virginia at 2.1; and Montgomery County unchanged at 2.1.
Average prices are a modest 3.5% over last year, as days on the market and seller concessions continue to increase seasonally. As always, September should be the best month for home buyers, and townhomes continue as most popular.
* * *
The report above is prepared monthly from David's independent research for his clients. It does not contain important data for macro-economists, is not tailored for a TV audience, includes no national data, and is not prepared by the computer weenies at the MLS. Click this link to learn how this report is prepared and why it is the best available anywhere! Raw data is available on request for any month, 1990 to present.
(1) Market Index (Months Supply of Resale Homes): Below 1.5 is a hot sellers' market; 1.5 to 3.0 is a (normal) sellers' market; 3.0 to 5.0 is a neutral market; above 5.0 is a buyers' market. Months Supply measures the ratio of sellers to buyers.
(2) Northern Virginia: Alexandria, Arlington County, and Fairfax County.
(3) Results are not seasonally adjusted.
Your Friend in Real Estate, LLC
Arlington, Virginia, USA
* Copyright © David Rathgeber *
* * All rights reserved. * *
* * * 2017 * * *