It is imperative to get approved for a loan with at least one mortgage lender of your choice as the first step in the home buying process. Choice of a lender is crucial as the contract exposes you to automatic loss of your earnest money deposit if settlement does not occur on the agreed Settlement Date for any reason other than Default by the Seller(s). I offer the following lenders for your consideration:
- Caliber Mortgage - Greg Fritz - NMLS# 476390
703-624-5959 - or - email - or - website
- Caliber Mortgage - Jim Foley - NMLS# 294413
301-873-9777 - or - email
- George Mason Mortgage - Patrick Maloney - NMLS# 101956
571-233-0060 - or - email
The lenders above have served my clients well for decades. Their rates and fees should be competitive. Their level of service will be exceptional!
While I am happy to provide information on mortgage companies, home and radon inspectors, and settlement agents, be assured that my sole concern is to put you in contact with those who will serve you well. I never receive any more than a "thank you" from any of these people.
Here are some important considerations when choosing a lender:
- Be sure your contact has an NMLS number. This establishes a minimum level of competency. Lenders can be checked at http://nmlsconsumeraccess.org
- If it takes 2 minutes or more for your lender to "pull up" your file, this could be a problem as well as a waste of your time. Further, they are likely not passing the money they saved on their cheap computer equipment on to you.
- If you find you are dealing with a different person every time you contact the lender, this could be a problem: Important details are likely to be overlooked.
- Score extra points if your lender is "connected." That is, you have done business with them before or you got their name from a trusted source. Do not shoot in the dark on-line.
Your Friend in Real Estate, LLC
Arlington, Virginia, USA
* Copyright © David Rathgeber *
* * All rights reserved. * *
* * * 2017 * * *