BREADTH OF EXPERIENCE
Management experience in marketing, research, manufacturing, and commercial functions with large and small corporations in the United States as well as overseas with responsibility to $400 million annually in 1980 dollars.
Master of Business Administration - Drexel University
Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering - Drexel University
1987 to Present REAL ESTATE BROKER
1982 to 1987 MANAGER CHEMICAL PROCUREMENT
Mobil Oil Corporation - Virginia
- Directed procurement programs for fuel and lubricating oil additives as well as other chemicals for autonomous affiliated companies world wide
- Developed state of the art computer based sensitivity analysis techniques to optimize cost effectiveness for high technology products
- Provided corporate level guidance and training for field and headquarters staff on management, policy, and negotiating concepts
1979 to 1982 MANAGER CHEMICAL DIVISION
Mobil Oil Corporation - London
- Doubled the negotiated savings on chemical purchases in each of three consecutive years without additional staff by streamlining routine activities and expanding strategic coordination efforts
- Developed subordinates for promotion to supervisory and management positions by providing challenge, training, and counseling
1977 to 1979 SPECIAL ASSIGNMENT
Mobil Oil Corporation - New York
- Initiated coordinated corporate procurement programs for high technology chemical supplies utilizing computer analysis and unique strategies
1968 to 1977 SENIOR RESEARCH ENGINEER
Mobil Research & Development - New Jersey
- Provided world wide technical support for automotive, aviation, and industrial lubricants and associated additives
- Developed the first automatic transmission fluid dynamometer test in Europe
- Developed unique correlation of Raman spectra analysis with full-scale test performance to enable effective process control
- Formulated lubricants, obtained approvals, and tracked changing technology through visits to the research departments of General Motors, Ford, Mack Trucks, Daimler Benz, and others to support additive development
- Obtained military approvals for dozens of lubricants on behalf of major oil companies
- Supervised technicians conducting bench, dynamometer and full scale road tests
1965 to 1968 MECHANICAL/INDUSTRIAL ENGINEER
Owens Corning Fiberglas - New Jersey
- Provided mechanical and industrial engineering for manufacturing operations including design, training, and union wage incentive negotiations
1964 to 1965 TEACHER
South Philadelphia High School - Pennsylvania
- Algebra I & II, Trigonometry, Chemistry, Physics, and Biology
ASSESSMENTS FROM TOP MANAGEMENT
- "Unusually perceptive..."
- "...undoubtedly leader of the team."
- "...ability to rapidly adjust to a different functional environment..."
- "Verbal and written communication skills are excellent..."
- "...analytical abilities are excellent..."
- "...especially skilled in motivating..."
- "...good planning and control of negotiations..."
- "Initiative, imagination, and creativity are consistently used in attacking problems and generating solutions."
- Real Estate Broker - Virginia
- U S Coast Guard - Captain For Hire - Inland and Offshore
- United Kingdom - Television Receiver Operator
One daughter / One son / One grand daughter
* * * * * * *
Your Friend in Real Estate, LLC
Arlington, Virginia, USA
* Copyright © David Rathgeber *
* * All rights reserved. * *
* * * 2019 * * *